Optical fiber sensors are used in an ever-increasing range of situations, from oil and gas wells to monitoring conditions in the human body. Fiber sensors have a number of unique advantages, such as being immune to electromagnetic interference and not posing a hazard in highly flammable environments and are able to operate in harsh and high-temperature environments. The technology can be used to detect a wide range of factors from temperature and pressure, movement, shape, position, and the presence of, or changes in the elements in a given environment.
OpTek Systems supports the development and production of OpTek fiber sensors with decades of experience in handling and processing optical fiber.
For more information or to discuss your own application and needs, please contact us.
- LaserCleave technology for stripping, cutting, and shaping an optical fiber
- High-quality end termination capabilities
- Ability to process optical fibers in-suite (process optical end as final production step)
- Ability to drill apertures and create complex shapes on fiber ends and sides
- Laser fusing to create collimators and beam expanders
- Range of added-value services for production and packaging