We are supporting safe operations in oil and gas.
With processes that span exploration, extraction, refining, transportation, production, and distribution, the oil and gas industry often operates in challenging environments around the world. The safety and reliability of process systems and infrastructure are critical both for the wellbeing of workers and the wider environment in which operations are based.
From drilling platforms through pipelines to the processing and storage facilities, laser processing is used in a range of safety and performance-critical applications. These include:
• Texturing of fluid flow surfaces
• Laser machining of grooves and other features in rotating seal and bearing surfaces
• The production of down-hole sensing assemblies
• The production of calibration standards (artificial crafts and other defects) involved in the monitoring of containment and transporting structures
• The production of gas sensors used to monitor air quality in areas where workers operate
Need our help? Fill out our form to ask our OpTek experts.