Laser processing of optical fibers is a proven technology that offers highly controlled geometry formation over a wide range of fiber types while providing in-situ monitoring of angles, radii, beam emission profile, loss and other important parameters.
Patented over 10 years ago by OpTek Systems, laser processing enables volume production of optical component designs once deemed impossible to fabricate. High-speed processing and low yield loss ensures competitive manufacturing costs.
• Rapid, non-contact processing
• Accurate and repeatable feature positioning
• Precise control over fiber and geometry
• Broad range of end features and geometries
• Optical-grade properties – no chipping, hackle, scratching
• In-situ monitoring of optical properties and geometry
• Enabling production ease of challenging fibers and designs
• High coupling efficiency